Cooking method «Pad Thai» and «Tom Yam»
Thailand and rice – are interlinked and inseparable from each other. Rice for Thais is the main dish and garnish. It can be fried with crabs, fish, vegetables and eggs, and rice noodles served with fresh salad (from the garden) or with meat sauce. By the way, variety of sauces are the hallmark of Thai cuisine.
Let’s consider the cooking method of 2 popular Thai dishes, loved by our tourists.
All the necessary ingredients:
- 120 grams of rice noodles (can be substituted with soy);
- 100 grams of cheese "Tofu" (dense);
- 150 grams of fresh shrimps (without head);
- 100 grams of bean sprouts;
- Egg (1 piece);
- The packaging of spices "Spices for Thai Pad Thai Noodles" (1 package);
- 50 grams of green onions;
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Pour the boiling water over the rice noodles for 10 minutes, then drop the noodles in colander. While sprouting bean in the colander, pour over them the boiling water. In a deep skillet stir and fry shrimps with diced cheese until fully cooked. Without removing the skillet from the heat, break egg to fried ingredients, but do not mix them.
- Wait until egg will be cooked, and cover on the top mixture of spices from the package, as well as rice noodles with bean sprouts. All thoroughly mix. Add chopped green onions and then fry for a minute, constantly stirring the mass.
- Turn off the heat, nicely spread the rice noodles "Pad Thai" on the plate.
All the necessary ingredients for the “Tom Kha Gai”:
- 200 grams of chicken;
- 100 grams of mushrooms (champignons, oyster mushrooms or shiitake);
- 500 ml coconut cream or coconut milk;
- 1 pack of pasta for soup "Tom Kha";
- At the option, you can add 3 pieces of eggplants and half the onions.
- Cut thin slices of chicken. Wash mushrooms and cut into small pieces. When using shiitake mushrooms, they must first be able to withstand for 20 minutes in boiling water, then drain the water, and cut. Coconut milk or cream pour into the pan ( 240 ml) and bring to the boil.
- Add to the milk the pasta for soup "Tom Kha". Then gently spread the mixture in slices of chicken, and cook them in coconut milk for 5 minutes.
- If you wish to add onion and eggplant, add them along with the chicken. Then pour into the pan with 240 ml of water and add mushrooms, stir and bring to the readiness. Pour additional 240 ml of coconut milk or cream, bring to a boil, and turn off the heat. If desired you can sprinkle the spices.
- If the dish is not enough salty, it is recommended to add fish sauce and to enhance the taste, cut red chili pepper into rings.
Rice noodles and soup are served at the same time, but you can eat them in random order.
Enjoy your meal!